Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

PDF Options // Generating poly lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello dear community,

I am dealing with a problem regarding the quality of the PDF export – especially the quality of the poly lines.

I enhance most of the drawings for my final presentation in Adobe Illustrator. Since AC23 and AC24 I am facing the problem, that drawn polylines in ArchiCAD are not joined when I open them in Illustrator for example. As a result of this I have to select and merge each individual polyline (CMD+J in Illustrator) to subsequently change or enhance the area color which takes hours. Nethertheless those poly lines and corners do not connect probably as you can see in the image.

Does anybody have a solution? Only 2 months left until master thesis deadline

Best regards and stay safe guys!
Mlado
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can’t help you with the PDF export, but one solution could be to use DWG for export and import. Illustrator can read at least DWG format 2004 or earlier.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Mladen,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

We tested with importing the PDF file into Illustrator, via Save as and Publishing to PDF options, and it works fine for us. We think that it can be an illustrator problem? In Illustrator, there is an option to not have rounded ends for lines but straight cuts. Maybe it's a setting on your side? Also, it is worth checking on other things (import options/template settings in illustrator).

Please let me know if it helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT