Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher Autotext Naming Scheme

Andre_Steynberg
Booster
So I've been trying to get the PDFs that get published to match our office naming standard with a bit of success but still not 100%.

Our standard looks like this :

(PDF publish date) - (Project no. and name) - (Drawing name) - (Revision).pdf

So in practice will look like this :

2016 03 03 - 1510 House Andre - Ground Floor Plan - Rev 0.pdf

So the publish date field, revision & drawing name I've managed to get either through the existing Autotexts in the Publisher Set > Rename items menu but not been successful in linking the Project Name and Number from the Project Info?
Is it possible to add Project Info options to the menu?

publisher auto text.jpg
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just use <PROJECTNAME> and <PROJECTNUMBER>

You can use any Autotext. See also:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/documentation-2/annotation/a...
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can either add extra fields to the Layout Scheme or the Issue Scheme and use these.

For example, we've added the Project Number and a custom issue-date field to the Issue Scheme (we prefer to not use the system date).

The Layout Scheme is not as useful, in my opionion, as you'd be setting up these two fields for each seperate layout.

Now I'm just typing the project number and an issue date for each time we publish a new issued set of documents.
publish_autotext.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Andre_Steynberg
Booster
So thanks to the above / below posts I have my end result which I was after all the time, seems I didn't enter the Autotext in the correct format.

Simplest way for me was just to copy the Autotext "scheme" into a text file on my Desktop and retrieve it when I need it, applying the "scheme" onto the intended publisher set is so quick and easy I just the menu alone, for another time maybe!
Autotext Goodness.jpg
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27