BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm moving from 8.1 to 11. When I published in 8.1 I could have a 15 sheet layout and it would be contained in one PDF file.

My current understanding is that in V.11 I will have 15 individual PDF files to create the same result.

I'm missing something, right? Can I publish a multi-page layout to one PDF file?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you select the folder that contains all the drawings in the publishing set, the 'Merge to one PDF file' option becomes visible at the bottom of the navigator.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see it. Is this the "Layout book" or the" Publisher sets" folder (within the Publisher)?

My layouts are in PDF format as shown in the Publisher sets, but I do not see a "Merge to one PDF file" anywhere within the Publisher.

Am I close?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
A picture may explain it better!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is a proviso:
The source of the Publisher Set must be Layouts, not Views.
If the Publisher Set is created from a set of Views, the Merge option will not be available.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bless you, Peter, for I can only understand images!

I could not see the "Merge" box because none of my drawings were in a folder. I created a folder and dropped them in and of course the Merge box appears.

I still can't make head or tails of the Publisher, but this is a big step. I'll keep that in mind, laszlonagy. I loved the 8.1 publishing setup. I hope I understand the new one eventually.

Thank you all!
Learn and get certified!