cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Document & Visualize forum

Rendered Trees & Shrubs

Anonymous
Not applicable
when placing the Tree 18 and Shrub 18 objects in the model the are "flat" 2D images, It seems that they are placed so that the image is oriented perpendicular to the current camera perspective settings. If you are rendering the model from different angles this will display the image as a "flat" tree or shrub.
In the attached image I the tree object is a 2 sided object (PictBox_Pine_GWL), that works fine at different render angles, but it does lack shadow casting.

What are others doing?
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
CineRender of Shrubs and Trees

David Collins
Enthusiast
Try a "Rebuild & Regenerate" refresh after changing the camera angle. The tree bitmaps *should* automatically rotate so they are once again perpendicular to the new camera.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz 32 Gb RAM

GeForce RTX 3070
AC 26.0 (3010 INT FULL)

Erwin Edel
Virtuoso
If that doesn't work (I've noticed this before), select the Object tool, hit select all, go in to settings dialog and press ok. This should force a rebuild on all objects.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-24 NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you fro the replies.
In the Contextual (Right mouse click) menu I could only see the "Rebuild" command. This did not reset the objects.
I did see the "Rebuild & Regenerate" commands listed in the Work Environment, but could not see how to find these command within my current Schemes.

Erwin - this did work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Regenerate Command in work environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
when using these "2D" objects and creating a fly-through from placed Cameras one needs to check the "Rebuild Model for Each Frame".

David Collins
Enthusiast
Jay wrote:
..I did see the "Rebuild & Regenerate" commands listed in the Work Environment, but could not see how to find these command within my current Schemes.
You should be able to find it under "Refresh" at the bottom of the main View menu.
Regenerate.jpg
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz 32 Gb RAM

GeForce RTX 3070
AC 26.0 (3010 INT FULL)

Anonymous
Not applicable
David - It maybe only in the International release. Even using the "Standard Profile 18" Work Environment, this option is not present.

furtonb
Expert
Jay wrote:
David - It maybe only in the International release. Even using the "Standard Profile 18" Work Environment, this option is not present.


hi!

I also had the same issue as you, and I also couldn't find the rebuild&regenerate in the view -> refresh menu.

it is an easy fix though, you could attach a keyboard shortcut to it (ctrl+alt+shift+R as default), or add the button to the menu.

the attached image shows you both methods (i personally prefer using shortcuts).
shortcut2.jpg
actively using: AC22-25 INT | Rhino6-7 | macOS / win10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice tips, i'd like to ask a closely related problem though..

I saved the 3D cameras as views in project view map, and set the views to be generated in photorendering window so that when i publish those views as images, the output should be a photorealistic rendering images.

But unlike creating a flythrough, publishing rendered images doesn't has the "rebuild model for each view" option.

So only one image had the correct 2D trees direction setting, while the others didn't, has anybody else been tinkering with that?

-JS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Am having a similar issue as John

Range of cameras created as view set and published as TIFF. Each one has a slight change of angle on the shrubs.

any one found a work around as I have 6 images that need to be done and will knock my pc out for a full day if I can't publish over night.

jameshart
Newcomer
John wrote:
Nice tips, i'd like to ask a closely related problem though..

I saved the 3D cameras as views in project view map, and set the views to be generated in photorendering window so that when i publish those views as images, the output should be a photorealistic rendering images.

But unlike creating a flythrough, publishing rendered images doesn't has the "rebuild model for each view" option.

So only one image had the correct 2D trees direction setting, while the others didn't, has anybody else been tinkering with that?

-JS
I just had this problem recently with a series of perspectives that I was rendering via the publisher. I was able to overcome the problem by adding a simple Axo view in between each perspective. While publishing, the switch from Perspective to Axo and back seemed to have ArchiCAD rebuild the view and reorient the trees between publishing each image.
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!