BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering error: everything disappears

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I'm having a problem while rendering and the problem is that it shows nothing. Perfectly blank screen with a blue sky in background. It is not a problem with camera, I am positive that it is aimed correctly and the render image is blank whether I do it from the 3D window or camera. The problem appeared at some point last night and no amount of refreshing, restarting or rebuilding helped. I don't think it's a problem with rendering settings, because I didn't change any between the last correct render and the first blank one. Coincidentally, I experienced disappearance of random walls and slabs in the 3D window and I think it might be related to the rendering problem.

I'm using ArchiCAD 14 edu version, Win XP SP2 and Radeon 9550.

I'll be grateful for suggestions, I'm on a deadline like probably most of this forum's users 😉
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
So the model shows correctly in the 3D window but nothing renders?

Perhaps it is a memory problem. Is it a very large rendering? If so you could try something smaller.

I believe there is (or was) a limit of 4096 x 4096 pixels.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the 3d window works more or less correctly (sometimes random walls disappear), but nothing shows up on the render except the sky. No, it's definitely not a big rendering, the image is 480x360px or something similar. I don't think it's about memory either, since restarting or rebooting doesn't help anything and neither does reducing the rendering settings.

I just remembered that I did get an error message (attachment), but after I deleted the mentioned stair from my drawing, the rendering problem didn't solve itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marta wrote:
Yes, the 3d window works more or less correctly (sometimes random walls disappear)...
Random walls shouldn't disappear. This suggests something more is wrong than just the rendering function. Perhaps video card problems.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this happen with all Rendering Engines (Internal, LightWorks etc.) or only with a specific one?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew:
I'm aware that they shouldn't. But Archicad is the first 3D program that makes my graphic card fail like that, so I assume it's not JUST my card's problem. Besides, rendering in all the other projects of mine works fine, so I'm betting the problem is on the AC's side, perhaps some corrupted element that I can't get rid of, maybe there was a glitch in some saving process and the file is unsalvageable now. On the other hand, I searched the forums and it seems that I'm the first person to encounter this problem, so it might be possible that my card is just some unfortunate kind that happens to be in conflict with AC in certain situations.

laszlonagy:
The result is the same with all engines.

I had no choice but to remake the project from scratch in a new file. I recreated it already and so far it's doing alright, including renders *crosses fingers*. I learned from my mistake and now I make backup versions on every major step. But I'll still be very grateful if someone solves this problem here!
Learn and get certified!