BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Filter New object display

Brad Elliott
Booster
Like so many ArchiCAD tools I can get the filter to do almost what I want but not quite and I am spending so much time trying it will never pay off on this job.

I have an existing wall tagged as such and have put a new window in tagged as such. It shows up on the demolition plan as a box when the filter has it as hidden which is perfect. However, it shows up with my number 1 pen which is a heavy black pen. I can find no way to change this pen in the filter. I don't want to change my #1 pen in the pen set because it is tied to other things. Anyone know how to change this?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Brad:

I may not understand all the issues here, but if your New Elements are set to Hide, then the Renovation Override Style you want to be looking at should be Elements to be Demolished, not New Elements, assuming that your Renovation Filter for this View is set to Existing Elements: Show, Elements to be Demolished: Override, New Elements: Hide. A screen shot of the Renovation Filter Options for this View would clarify.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Brad Elliott
Booster
David,
Here are the settings.
M1 Macbook Pro
Brad Elliott
Booster
And the object tagging for renovation status
M1 Macbook Pro
Brad Elliott
Booster
And the renovation override style for To be Demolished. It's a shame this information is all required and yet is scattered to three different locations.
M1 Macbook Pro
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Brad:

I believe that line is the Cut Line Pen of the wall, even if the Composite Wall's settings are used, try changing the Wall's Cut Line Pen.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Brad Elliott
Booster
David,
That's It! I work almost exclusively in composites and always have apply structures settings checked. I never would have thought to look there. You actually have to uncheck the check mark and change the line and then recheck the box to get it to work correctly. That has to be a bug.
M1 Macbook Pro
Learn and get certified!