Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Schedule: Sum Object Parameter from Multiple Instances

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

Is there some way to sum a parameter from multiple object instances. Or someway to modify the objects script to enable the option, without resorting to excel(?)?

Related thread: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/Multi-seat-object-how-to-schedule-count/m-p/23...

count.jpg

TWO objects with a length of 6.56, each containing 20 "sub objects". Length is a Length Parameter and Number is an Integer Parameter.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

So you have 20 objects that are 6.56 long and another 20 the same length but I assume with some other field that makes them unique (ID?) ?

Does this help at all if you 'flag' the length?

You will then get groups for each set of uniform items.

Barry.

BarryKelly_0-1634549308462.png

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

This is what I use, but I find that whenever I share these schedules with anyone else, they have no clue how to read these.

The functionality is there, but the output really is confusing to the reader.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru

I am wanting to merge the Number object parameter (Integer) so that in this example, it would show [6.56 | 40]. At the moment, if I merge it shows [6.56 | 20].

Ling

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I just read through this again.

You only have two objects with a parameter that shows how many sub-objects they have.

I think because this is a parameter, the schedule won't recognise this field as something that needs to be added - no mater what numerical type you make that parameter.

If it is a unique (different) number it will display as 2 items even when set to merge uniform items.

If they are the same as in your image they should show as one item (6.56 | 20) but if you add a 'Quantity' field it will show 2 (so long as there are no other fields that make them 'unique').

All I can suggest is that you can show a total sum which will show 40 (the blue arrows in my image).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11