Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Short wall connection issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys!

Please help me with short wall connection issue. When next wall is shorter than core skin of previous wall, then lags appear:

But if you make short wall longer, then everything is OK:

In the end I need to create this structure of core skins:

How can I do it correctly?
Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The internal length of the short corner wall is negative length, which is causing the problem.

2 solutions that might work.

Make a new wall composite for the short wall that does not include the corner skin.

If that doesn't work then creating a complex profile column for the corner and butting the straight walls up to it should work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If that doesn't work then creating a complex profile column for the corner and butting the straight walls up to it should work.
I'm sure you can do that using column, but actually I don't want to heap up. Also if I change the angle between walls, you must change the column profile, which is unfavorable. Sure there is more easy way to do that.
I tried to do something and I found, that if change reference line from Core Inside to Core Outside it will be better, but not perfect yet:

You can see the problem remaining in the red circle on the 1st image and the lag in the corner on the 2nd 3D image.
Any idea how to solve it?
Barry Kelly
I don't think you will have much luck so long as you have that negative length on the internal corner.
I have tried moving reference lines, junction order and a modified profile for the short wall - all with no luck.

The best I can come up with is a custom column.
You may have to play around with the rotation of the fills (clearly my image is not 100%).
If the angle of the walls is going to change then I think I would leave it until the design is stable.
The gap you have is hardly noticeable.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11