Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall covering opening refresh/update

vauclusebitter
Contributor

Occasionally when I change the height of a window or door, the wall covering applied to that wall doesn't auto update to match the altered opening size. Is there a auto 'update/refresh' option that can be turned on or off? It's only a problem half the time and I'm not sure what settings I need to change to allow it to be automatically updated. Yes, I can re apply the covering to the wall but it seems like an unnecessary/extra step. Especially when in an early design phase the the window size/position changes more regularly.

Screenshot 2022-10-10 095606.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

What wall accessory object are you using?

It may be the way it has been scripted.

I just tried with the 'Mouldings and Panels' wall accessory which is in the default Archicad accessories library, and it works fine.

Also you probably don't need to re-apply the accessory.

Just select it, open the object settings, do nothing and close the settings.

That should force it to re-calculate the wall/window co-ordinates.

If that does work, then it is the way the accessory object has been scripted.

And looking at your image, you could probably just use a complex profile wall rather than adding an accessory.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vauclusebitter
Contributor

Hi Barry, 

Thanks for your response. I use CI (Cadimage) windows and doors as well as CI coverings (for wall & roof cladding). 

Examples of CI wall coverings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ec90QEAVzs&ab_channel=CentralInnovation

I can usually update the size of windows & doors and the covering (cladding) automatically updates around it, however, on the odd occasion, it doesn't. I assume there is a 'auto update' option that I can't find. I have tried opening and closing the general settings however this didn't work. 

Cheers, 

CI (Central Innovation - used to be CadImage) wall coverings should be automatic - I don't have them but I am pretty sure they are.

Maybe your accessory (covering) is not associated with the wall?

I can't think of why it would be un-associated.

If you delete the wall and the accessory does not delete, then it is un-associated.

If it deletes as well, then it is associated.

Undo to bring your wall back.

I am not aware of any settings that would stop the associativity.

Maybe this is one to contact CI about?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
vauclusebitter
Contributor

Hi Barry, 

The wall and covering are still associated. Thanks for your help & suggestions regardless. It might just be a bug, I'll contact Central Innovation. I thought CI tools were all produced by Graphisoft and that Central Innovation/Cadimage were just a subsidiary. I'll post back here if they come back with a solution.  

Thanks again,

Central Innovation is its own entity.

They just happen to be the distributor for Archicad (Graphisoft) in Australia and New Zealand.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Probably not the issue, but if a wall has two coverings placed, then if a third is placed it breaks the first.