BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Wall section hatch / slab display problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask two questions:
First, it regards the hatches interception of the walls in the attached image. I believe there is no way of improving how they merge but still I would like to have your feedback. I have checked the material hatch orientation option but...

Secondly, the slab has an angle on the break point but in elevation or 3D, there is no break line, which we would love to have.

Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance
12 REPLIES 12
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
LaszloNagy wrote:
Thanks Minh,

If you could ask the developer, I would be interested to know why this number. I guess there is a reason. For me the 178 degrees made sense because it is only 2 degrees from 180, which would mean the two sides are in the same plane, so if the angle is less than 2 degrees from that, it would make sense that the line is not displayed.
But this 11.48 degrees? There must be some mathematical reason for it.

Hi Laci,

I got an answer from the developer about this one. The limit is cos(b) > 0.98 when the break line is removed.

This is how it was migrated from the previous version's handling system back in 2001. Probably the intent was to handle segmented arcs (e.g. from import data) correctly if they're accurate enough.

Unfortunately, at this point, changing the value wouldn't be a good idea because it would break compatibility!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, so there is a specific reason for this curious number.
Thanks, Minh.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heeeheheh this is going far!
Learn and get certified!