Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

how to add window labels in elevation?

paulmckean
Newcomer
Hi, having trouble adding window label in elevation. Have in floorplan ok. Thanks.
Archicad 20, windows.
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Post moved - please read the section descriptions to determine where best to post.

You don't say what version of Archicad you are using - labelling methods have changed in newer versions.
Ideally add your operating system and Archicad version to your signature so you don't have to type it every time.
Answers to your questions can be version and operating system dependent.

In 20 you label on the elevation just the same as you do on the plan.
Select your label and click the element (window).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Or the quick way... Create your label and apply to the window, now select all the windows and go to Documentation > Annotation > Label selected elements. Job done. I personally add the labels without leaders which generally places the label central on the window.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
paulmckean
Newcomer
Thanks!
Archicad 20, windows.
Jeff Kogut
Booster
I'm adding an elevation window label to our template for 21. So weird that there is not a checkbox in the Window Tool Marker Settings to 'show on elevation' so that it uses the native marker instead of a whole other tool - the Label Tool.

Why make it easy when it can be complicated?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Jeff Kogut
Booster
grrr
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590