BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

live 3d section video?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way, in AC11 or any other program, to take a model (made in AC11) and create a rendered movie of a section plane moving through the building?

In effect, much like moving a section plane through a model in SketchUp, but with the graphical output rendered rather than like SketchUp...
42 REPLIES 42
Karl Ottenstein
aggie463 wrote:
I noticed in Artlantis this could possibly be done quite simply, but I need to only cut one building of many on a site, not the whole thing...any thoughts?
'Green screen' (also known as 'chroma key'). Generate two videos and merge them in your video editor.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
We're crossing referencing THREADS here.... Check this out for fun...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=26044&highlight=
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
You ca do it in Artlantis
In animation if you first must activate the Clipping Box (for defining clipping planes)
At the beginning of animation you can set the cutting plane at lower height (1 meter) over ground level and at finish at full building height.
The resulted animation show how the building grows from ground to roof.
THE SAME FOR THE MOBILE SECTION BY MOVING THE CLIPPING BOX POSITION BETWEEN THE FIRST FRAME - AND THE LAST ONE
Learn and get certified!