Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Where is my 2D object?

heathldesign
Expert

Hey everyone,

i created a simple 2D object which is in the embedded library when i go to the library manager, but it's not in the embedded library in the objects default settings window, so i can't select it. i've done a search for it but it doesn't come up. see pics

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 14.38.43.pngScreenshot 2023-02-15 at 14.39.37.png
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
11 REPLIES 11

@heathldesign wrote:

ok, so i went in to file>libraries and objects>open object and checked the "placable" option, now it's accessible in the objects pallet. there isn't an option to save as placable when creating it. just for fun, i tried to do it as "new object" but that's not intuitive, i'll have to read up on that. i tried it, and didn't see a way to save my new object. not intuitive. 

Saving as new object is exactly the same process as saving as a custom component.

The difference is it will make the object 'placeable' and put it in your embedded library.

Saving as a custom component will also save to the embedded library, but as you noticed, the object is not placeable by default, as it is designed to be access from within another object.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. i hope i remember this.

MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA