Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Adding dimensions point to an existing elevation dimension chain

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

Exactly what is written in the title, I need to add dimension points to an existing elevation dimension chain. I tried to copy the last point in the chain and paste it into the next level and it doesn't work. I don't see any other options to do this in the settings bar of the dimension tool. It is a problem for the file I am working on because I have a module, whose section is in a master file and where all the dimensions are in this master file, but when I change the thickness of the module floor slab, then I lose some of the elevation marks in the section. I can´t add these elevation marks to the existing chain so I have to add new points and then I lose the alignment of the elevation marks.

Operating system used: Windows

Screenshot 2024-05-27 113345.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You must select the chain line (linking line that you can not see) to select the entire dimension line.

Just like a regular linear dimension, select the entire dimension and then CTRL click on the elements you want to add to the dimension.

Same when moving, select the entire dimension line.

Now use keyboard shortcut to drag or invoke the pet palette.

BarryKelly_0-1716856566146.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maurotrotta
Enthusiast

Also, I am having problems to figure out how to move these elevation marks horizontaly once they are placed. I tried reading the help documents from Archicad but there is no info about that.

Solution

You must select the chain line (linking line that you can not see) to select the entire dimension line.

Just like a regular linear dimension, select the entire dimension and then CTRL click on the elements you want to add to the dimension.

Same when moving, select the entire dimension line.

Now use keyboard shortcut to drag or invoke the pet palette.

BarryKelly_0-1716856566146.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Guys, you need to find the invisible vertical line that goes through all your Elevation Dimensions. The cursor will change to a Mercedes shape when you have found it. Select it, and then you can CTRL+click any point of any element to add a new Dimension Point to the Dimension Chain, or you can drag the whole Dimension Chain to move it to another position.

Edit: Barry beat me to it. 😀

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Snap!! 🤣

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Setup info provided by author