Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archiving revision drawings

Nick Schat
Participant
Dear Talkers,

I'm curious to know how users are archiving individual layouts using PM9.

During the building phase we issue revision drawings and we want to save a file of each drawing that leaves the office as a record of what was sent.
In PM2.3 we saved individual layouts including drawings and breaking hotlinks and saving to an archive folder. With LBK's this is no longer possible. Saving a lbk for each revision would result in huge archive sizes. Using Publiher we have tried saving to PDF but the print quality of linework is not acceptable. Publishing as .plt files seems a reasonable prospect except this also has had drawbacks.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Regards
Nick

ArchiCAD 4.1–22, Mac OS 10.14.x iMac 27" 3,2Ghz Intel-Core i5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nick wrote:
Using Publiher we have tried saving to PDF but the print quality of linework is not acceptable. Publishing as .plt files seems a reasonable prospect except this also has had drawbacks.

I'm curious because I know lots of users who publish only PDFs and PLTs. They should give you the exact same result as a printed (Plotted) page? You should be able to send the PLT to a plotter or service bureau and get back exactly what you would normally produce. PLTs are also relatively small. Just wondering what might be better for an audit copy since audit copies don't get changed?

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
PDFs are the safe because of archival quality
but GS should make possible locking a .LAY in a .BLK
One wold move a copy of this is in a folder called reccords and store then here in subfolders called REV1 REV2 and so on
Because PM in not copy protected it should be loaded at the Client CM and GS's. In the future PM must be able to read 3d
Nick Schat
Participant
Thanks for the comments.

The drawback that I'm referring to is in the fact that we can't plot plotfiles to our plotter. We normally just print and everything comes out fine. Our plotter is an Océ TCS400. Plot settings require a port number, TCP/IP address, Plotflow for X requires the same.
We have approached our reseller and they tell us its a plotter-problem and Océ say its the program??
We will do some trials again tomorrow but maybe someone has had similar experiences?

Regards
Nick

ArchiCAD 4.1–22, Mac OS 10.14.x iMac 27" 3,2Ghz Intel-Core i5
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Just a though here.
If you do as I have done in the attached image, it will effectively give you the same result as Plotmaker 2.3.

1. Break all of the links (Sorry Link )

2. Thus rendering all of you linked views embedded PMK files.

3. Saving as with included drawings and may be the date of the day that the drawings go out of the office.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com