Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cabinet Door Panel "swing lines" to show up in elevation?

rob2218
Enthusiast
How do I get the cabinet door hinge line location to show up in an interior elevation? Like they are able to show up in the doors and windows in elevations?
(see attached JPG).

Cabinet-door-swing-lines.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
This depends on whether the cabinet parts have this feature.
rob2218
Enthusiast
huh? you mean...some cabinets were programmed to have the swing lines.....some where not? WTH is that? what did GS do...put 'group A' programmers in one room and told them, "make cabinet objects this way"....and put progammer group 'B' and instructed them "make cabinet objects that way"???....really?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
For all I know all cabinets have this feature, or maybe none do, or maybe something in between. I have been using custom libraries fo so long I don't know the details of either the standard parts nor most of the 3rd party stuff. My point was just that this is not as far as I know a default feature of all casework and requires programming by the authors of the parts. Even if the GS parts do have the feature it is quite possible that others do not and GS has limited influence over this.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Matthew, how could GS have limited control over this.....
It's "their" software for Petes sake....or am I missing something here?
Also, the objects I was referring to are straight-out-of-box objects, not custom 3rd party objects.
It's the same observations and concerns most users have as is with the "stairs"
It appears that GS got two groups of programmers, told each to create programming for the "stair object" and at the end of the day "lets see whatcha got".....and voala...we have two completely different ways to make the same stair.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
In an ideal world we would have clear and complete principles and practices for all the things we need, to do all the stuff we do, everywhere. In the real world we have a variety of solutions cobbled together which we each adapt as best we can to get the job done and move on. This is true of all software only much more so for highly complex tasks with narrow user bases.

I assume from what you are saying that the GS cabinetry does not have an option to show door swings in elevation. In this case you have a few options. One is to request that GS add this feature in future versions. Since that won't help you presently you can either draw the lines in manually or find another cabinet library that does it for you. Cadimage and Real Kitchens come to mind off the top of my head.
rob2218
Enthusiast
thank you Matthew.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23