cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Details and Worksheets

Llian
Advocate
Ok...there are some topics on these but still I'm confused....
I'm trying to figure which one should I be working on.
I've bubbled an area [section] using the Detail. I've copied and pasted some dwg details into a Worksheet.
Next, I want to have the specific bubbled section and the dwg details on one sheet so they are together on one sheet where I can add / embellish with dimensions, lines, etc.
Which should I use Detail or Worksheet ?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
vistasp
Advisor
Why don't you annotate the detail and the worksheet individually and the place both on the same layout -- or am I misreading your question?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
The Detail Tool and the Worksheet Tool create working windows that are essentially identical in function. How you choose to use them is entirely up to you.

And until you create Views with one or the other tool, you aren't really creating anything that you can put onto a sheet (layout).

One way to make sense of the two is to use the Detail Tool to create snapshots from the live model, and to use Worksheets to house external information like the DWGs or PDFs, or images, imported from outside the BIM.

In this context, the information created in a View from a Detail derives from what you have modeled. This needs to be kept in mind as you work. Live model Views can be information rich, well articulated up to a scale of 1:100, 1:50, or even 1:25. You have to decide what the threshold between live and drawn is. Something modeled with 1:100 in mind would probably have fewer modeled elements and more drawn elements in details than a project where the threshold is set at 1:50.

Keeping the two separated allows you to edit or adapt an outside detail to the specifics of your project. Once that's done, you could transfer this linework and annotation to a single layer, copy and paste it into the View you created from the Detail. From that point, the information consists of content from the outside AND the BIM itself.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5