cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensioning two attached building on one site.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Please, could someone guide me on what's the best practice to dimension two attached buildings? I've got them both in one PLN file.

Ideally I would like to hide second dwelling and show dimensions of the first one, and then hide the first one and show dimensions of the second one.

Is it feasible without using modules?

Workarounds:
My initial idea is to have two masking fills on separate layers and place them over each dwelling. Then in View Map I'd create two views and add dimensions to each dwelling. Dimensions also would be on two separate layers so I can switch them on and off.

Another idea is to have those dimensions in some distance from the dwellings and them stitch them to views on layouts.

Third idea is to simply have those dimensions on two separate layers, leave them overlaying the abutting houses, create two views showing only dimensions for each dwelling and place those views over plans in layout book.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
The best method would be separate plans and then hotlink them together in a site plan.

But now you have them together already you can use layers and multiple drawings on layouts to achieve what you want.

Here is an old post where I described this method for producing isolated room layouts.
This will be the same situation you have with the adjacent buildings.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=182148

Using white fills is another method where you won't need multiple drawings on the layout - but I find you are constantly battling with display order of what is in front or behind the fill.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11