cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Door schedule showing "leaf glass" on doors with no glazing.

BenATA
Booster

Hi all, 

Help would be appreciated. We are trying to get a schedule to show the glazing type of a series of doors. It works for doors with glazing, but shows an irrelevant surface for doors with no glazing. The doors with no gazing don't even have an option to change the surface picked up "cardboard grey (massing model)"  See image attached.

An alternative is to create a property where the relevant info is filled in, but I would prefer if we were able to keep the schedule smart and link it directly to what is modelled. 

Note: I have blacked out some info that relates to the project. 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 3.54.24 pm.png

Cheers,

Ben

ArchiCAD 23 -amp; 26
MacOS 12 - 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

The thing is, even though your door leaf has no glazing, it still has a parameter for 'Leaf Glass' and that parameter still has a value, even though it may be hidden from the user because there is no glass in the door.

Because the parameter is still there, it will show the value for it, regardless of whether it is used or not.

I see 2 options, neither of which is great.

One is to play around with the Properties and create one for the glazing.

Only problem is it has to be one that you simply set the property value, this will not affect the actual glass material used in the door.

Properties can not get parameter values from the objects, so I see no way of automating it.

The other option is to create an material called "Not Applicable" or "N/A".

You can then apply that in the glass material settings of the door leaf and that is what will show in the schedule.

The problem with that is if you have a door leaf that does not have glazing, and you can't see the glazing parameter, you will have to choose a leaf that does have glazing, change it to the "N/A" material and then change the leaf back to the one without glazing.

Once you have done it once, you can save it as a favourite for future use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly

The thing is, even though your door leaf has no glazing, it still has a parameter for 'Leaf Glass' and that parameter still has a value, even though it may be hidden from the user because there is no glass in the door.

Because the parameter is still there, it will show the value for it, regardless of whether it is used or not.

I see 2 options, neither of which is great.

One is to play around with the Properties and create one for the glazing.

Only problem is it has to be one that you simply set the property value, this will not affect the actual glass material used in the door.

Properties can not get parameter values from the objects, so I see no way of automating it.

The other option is to create an material called "Not Applicable" or "N/A".

You can then apply that in the glass material settings of the door leaf and that is what will show in the schedule.

The problem with that is if you have a door leaf that does not have glazing, and you can't see the glazing parameter, you will have to choose a leaf that does have glazing, change it to the "N/A" material and then change the leaf back to the one without glazing.

Once you have done it once, you can save it as a favourite for future use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry - interesting suggestions, this helps a lot. 

And thanks for your speedy reply!

Cheers,

Ben

ArchiCAD 23 -amp; 26
MacOS 12 - 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

@BenATA,

I just noticed the Schedule Criteria in your screenshot, which I think has a few errors in it, so let me show you how it can be done more simply and correctly.

Here it is:

ScheduleCriteria.png

In more detail:

1. One "Element Type" criterion is enough; if you specify that the Element Type is "Door", you do not have to also specify that it is not something else.

2. There is no need for a closing bracket after the third "Element Type" criterion. The brackets are actually needed before the first "Home Story" criterion and after the last "Home Story" criterion.

The result of the above criteria is that those elements will be displayed in the Schedule that 

1. are DOOR elements,

2. their Element ID contains the "D-" text, and

3. their Home Story is Story 0, Story 1, or Story 2.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thanks for the input @Laszlo Nagy  

Cheers,

Ben

ArchiCAD 23 -amp; 26
MacOS 12 - 13

Setup info provided by author