BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Expression for converting story numbers (counter)

Rastko Pecar
Booster

Hi,

I want to pimp my Zone number in 1:50 scale to have this structure: unit-level-space, whereby:

- unit refers to apartment or some other programmatic unit and is an option set that I select in "ID and properties" menu

- level pulls Zone story number and changes its format a bit,

- space refers to "Zone No:" and belongs to basic functionality of the Zone tool.

I have set up another CONCAT expression to connect the three numerical values with "-" separator into desired structure.

My question refers to the level part: Since story numbers can have negative values (basements, foundations), is there a function that would search for the smallest vallues of story numbers, count them and assign them a positive number like so:

story       ->       level

-2                      01

-1                       02

0                       03

1                        04

2                       05

Suggestions appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
ak1000CH16
Contributor

Hello,

This is a bit of a late reply.

You could use a formula that computes:

3+Story Number to get you the second digit of the the level you want.

Example:

StoryFormula result
-23+(-2) = 1
-13+(-1) = 2
03+0 = 3
etc. 

To get the 0 before the number, I think you'll have to convert it to a text value and concatenate. Try:

CONCAT ( "0"; STR ( 3 + Story Number; 0 ) )

This is quite an inflexible numbering system though, as it means level 01 refers to something different depending on how many lower levels you have, project to project. And if your lowest level changes, you need to adapt the 3 to another number.

Best regards

AK

Learn and get certified!