BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings

Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

Hi all,

I am having troubles working out what I am doing wrong with my settings?

In the attached images, the wall is sitting at just over 600mm from its associated FFL, so I thought if I set the cut plane at 800mm I would see it cut through? The walls next to it are sitting on the FFL and are 1100mm tall.

Thank you,

Walls projected display.JPG

Floor Plan cut plane settings.JPG

wall height.JPG

Wall next to the projected wall showing cut through.JPG

  

ArchiCAD 25
Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mthd
Ace

Hi @Chris Pooley, have a look and see what your story settings show for your floor to ceiling heights first. Maybe that might give us an indication of what might be causing the problems for you ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
mthd
Ace

Hi @Chris Pooley, have a look and see what your story settings show for your floor to ceiling heights first. Maybe that might give us an indication of what might be causing the problems for you ?

Hi @Chris Pooley,

So, as I understand the floorplan attached is the ceiling level, right?

Ok if the parapet wall's home story is ceiling level one with a bottom offset 600,

try to set the wall's floor plan display to symbolic cut or if you like to keep it projected you should set the floor plan cut plane as attached SC below.

FPCP trick.png

AC 27 INT 5003/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

Thank you for that, it was that I had the floor to ceiling height set to 300mm, as there is no floor above it.

Thanks again.

ArchiCAD 25
Windows 10

No worries, I am glad that you figured it out from the story settings. You never really know exactly why things don’t display correctly, a bit of hit and miss sometimes. All good to go now.

Learn and get certified!