Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fonts not printing in PDF...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a new problem printing my PDFs

Ive just replaced some of the text on my layouts using the Flux font
When I publish to PDF I get blank spaces where th eFlux fonts should be.

After researching abit it seems it could be an issue with adobe wanting to use its own onboard fonts.
I printed a layout using the print command, not publisher, and was able to chang the adobe PDF settings so that it downloads the fonts into the PDF. The fonts came out on the PDF printed to file.

Can anyone suggest how I can set up the PDF options in PUBLISHER so that it will print custom fonts?
I dont want to use another PDF creator as I find that adobe produces the best quality PDFs, especialy when it come to fills.

Many thanks
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad does NOT use its own fonts. It uses system fonts. Add to your system fonts and Archicad will always find it for use in Publisher. You mention Adobe PDF, that implies that you might be using the >Plot or >Print command and then using the print to file. If this is true, then you also need to place your font in Adobe's font folder in addition to Windows font folder.

i don't remember the locations off hand, you'll have to web search for those font locations.

Snap