Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hyperlinked Section Markers in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're using the 'Simple Section Marker' and have the marker auto-referenced to another sheet in your layout book, and then you create a merged PDF (so all the drawings are one PDF file) in publisher, when you open the PDF, and click on the Section Marker, it takes you to the section that it refers to.

While this is pretty cool, I don't know how useful it is (I know non of our clients would get it, they have trouble with multi-page PDFs as it is), and unfortunatley it creates an ugly hyperlink box around the page reference on the section marker. Does any one know how to switch this hyperlinking off, but keep the auto page referencing?
26 REPLIES 26
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Dennis wrote:
I've since found that I can control the visibility of these boxes from Adobe Acrobat Professional to show as "Invisible rectangle", but that means I have to search for these boxes all over the drawings, select them and change them manually.
You also need to own Acrobat.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Dennis wrote:
I've since found that I can control the visibility of these boxes from Adobe Acrobat Professional to show as "Invisible rectangle", but that means I have to search for these boxes all over the drawings, select them and change them manually.
One of the basic tools, along with Photoshop, as far as I am concerned.
Dennis Lee
Booster
Matthew wrote:
Laura wrote:
Dennis wrote:
True, but I'd rather not be using it to fix the visibility settings of reference bubbles.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Matthew wrote:
Both of which are only on a couple of the 40+ machines running AC in our office.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just found my original problem has NOT been fixed in V11.
(it's been a while since i printed a full set of documents, having switched countries and jobs.)

- Ugly hyperlink box still showing up on drawings
- PDF Drawings still ridiculous file sizes.
- NO APPARENT WAY OF SWITCHING IT OFF

Surely this is a major problem for people? Does nobody else save full sets of documents to PDF and find this incredibly annoying? (Except for Dennis)

The acrobat solution isn't really a solution for me because:
A) It shouldn't happen to start with, why should I waste time fixing a problem that needn't be there and
B) Although I agree that Acrobat is an essential tool, my boss does not, so it's not in my office.

The solution for me would be for Graphisoft to fix the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Does nobody else save full sets of documents to PDF and find this incredibly annoying? (Except for Dennis)
Yes, I do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Tom wrote:
Does nobody else save full sets of documents to PDF and find this incredibly annoying? (Except for Dennis)
Yes, I do.
Have you found a solution? or a work around that works?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Must be a PC thing. We're on Macs and have been publishing pdfs for years and it has never shown up. Pdf file size has recently started to be a problem . Our repro firm is having huge problems with long processing time on large (36"x 48") site plans with lots of fill.

Dave
rjwilden
Booster
Never noticed it before. Looked back on some old files.
Its there in V11, V10 but not in V9.0. So maybe its an old bug from 10 that never been noticed. I never print my PDF, Just for archives only.

Richard.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Have you found a solution? or a work around that works?
Just publishing them individually, one at a time (hyperlink still occurs if you select multiple layouts and don't merge as one PDF, I think).

Not a problem if there are only a few sections or plans with the references. But our printers charge a handling fee for each file, so it's better to merge as one file if we can get away with it.