Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Hyperlinked Section Markers in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're using the 'Simple Section Marker' and have the marker auto-referenced to another sheet in your layout book, and then you create a merged PDF (so all the drawings are one PDF file) in publisher, when you open the PDF, and click on the Section Marker, it takes you to the section that it refers to.

While this is pretty cool, I don't know how useful it is (I know non of our clients would get it, they have trouble with multi-page PDFs as it is), and unfortunatley it creates an ugly hyperlink box around the page reference on the section marker. Does any one know how to switch this hyperlinking off, but keep the auto page referencing?
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Just publishing them individually, one at a time (hyperlink still occurs if you select multiple layouts and don't merge as one PDF, I think).

Not a problem if there are only a few sections or plans with the references. But our printers charge a handling fee for each file, so it's better to merge as one file if we can get away with it.
i was afraid it might be that. oh well. one at a time it is for me too then until Graphisoft un-break things.

You can merge into one doc after printing - if you don't have Acrobat (like i don't) there is a free programme called PDF reDirect that lets you merge any amount of PDFs (any shape and size as well) into one new PDF. quite handy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip, Tom. I will look it up.
Dennis Lee
Booster
It's good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem. It's really a pity, since this is a great feature, actually. It just doesn't make sense for an architectural drawing program to show these ugly rectangles as a default...

Other than this, the built in PDF writer in AC11 works really great. I haven't had any problems with file sizes as in AC10 so far.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
__archiben
Booster
just a thought - and i haven't looked into this at all so i could be barking up the wrong tree entirely - but what happens if you define a custom style sheet in your work environment>personal preferences>web options settings?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dennis Lee
Booster
It seems like this file is a file that specifies how a "List" window gets saved into a htm file. This is a screen shot of the "Basic (AC_11)" list saved as a html file.

I don't see anything that would affect PDF output at all here. Thanks for taking a stab at it though
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem with the boxes in the markers. I am disgusted that it is 2 yrs latter and there has been no resolution to this problem, Yes there have been ac 12 and 13 released, but if you cant afford to upgrade than your stuck with the same old junk. Graphisoft needs to do a better job of reading these forums and creating updates to address these stupid bugs. If i am wrong and there is a fix i will apologize for my comments, but graphisoft has not impressed me with customer service.
ares997
Contributor
I know this is an old topic but I found myself in an office that hasn't upgraded since 11. I also found myself on a PC plotting out PDF sets. And it is my understanding that there is nothing that can be done to correct the automatic link that is created by Archicad 11 unless you do something (which is what?) in Acrobat.

Thus is this a correct understanding of the situation. Nothing can be done in Archicad 11. Has it be resolved in the newer releases? Just curious.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)