Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

I can't zoom into my section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can somebody help me here? My section view is saved and placed on a sheet. Some where between navigating between views, the section was zoomed out (to 0.0000%). I tried several options:
1. I changed the renovation filter to 'Show All';
2. Deactivate section cut planes;
3. Select all layers to show;
4. Change specific view settings

Attached are two screen shot for reference.

System Specs:
Archicad Version - AC 19
System - Windows 7 Professional, 64bit 2.4GHz, 16GB (RAM)
16 REPLIES 16
dcerezo
Advocate
3rd Floor. When I Zoom To Fit, it does this.
Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.24.33 PM.png
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
You should try to get rid of the "weird stuff," if you can. Turn on all the layers and do a CTRL-A with the arrow tool selected, to find out where all the stuff is in the outer regions.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
Before you start messing around make sure you save the file or safe as a new file so if you mess it up you still have the original.

Can you zoom to the 'weird stuff' to see what it is?
Can you view all in 3D and see what it is?

If not then with your view zoomed out press CTRL+A to select all.
Does the 'weird stuff' select as well?

If yes, hold the SHIFT key and un-select everything where your building is.

If the 'weird stuff' deselects also then I am guessing it is fill origins or circle centres - basically something associated with what you have in your building.

If it stays selected then 'zoom to selection (right click) to see what it is - can you delete it now?

Otherwise turn all layers off and turn them on one by one.
This may give you some clue as to what is creating this weird stuff.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
dcerezo
Advocate
Well, I'll try what I can and report back. So strange eh?
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am experiencing the exact same problem. All layers are visible and when I issue the Fit in Window command in the Floor Plan Viewpoint ARCHICAD zooms to a much higher area than the extents of the model would warrant. I try to select everything but no hotspots appear which would explain why ARCHICAD zooms out so much. It occurs even in the latest AC20 update, build 5025. I suspect this is a bug and will report it to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dcerezo
Advocate
WE FIGURED IT OUT!! YAY!!!

This is what we did (Note, this was on the 3rd floor which was our crazy view)

1. Turned off all layers.
2. Unlocked all layers.
3. Turned on a layer.
4. Fit to Window. If it worked, we knew that layer's items were not an issue.
5. Rinse and Repeat with next layer.

And finally we found the culprit.

We turned on our Walls - Exterior layer.
We Zoomed to Fit....
...bam, crazy view.

So, I clicked the door tool. Then Select All. Delete.
Zoom to Fit.
Crazy View.

Then, I clicked the window tool. Select All. Delete.
Zoom To Fit.
NO CRAZY VIEW.

The culprit was a window. Not sure why it was causing the error. Anyway, we deleted it and all went back to normal. We're not using that window type anymore.

BTW, why don't doors and windows have the ability to be put on a layer? I don't want to say this again because I touched on it last week in another post, but not having doors and windows on a separate layer feels like...say it ain't so...Revit.

Hmmm.

Just saying.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
dcerezo wrote:
Then, I clicked the window tool. Select All. Delete.
Zoom To Fit.
NO CRAZY VIEW.

The culprit was a window. Not sure why it was causing the error. Anyway, we deleted it and all went back to normal. We're not using that window type anymore.
One possibility: A Window can be dragged outside of a Wall (inline with the Wall). If a Window is dragged say 1,000 feet from the Wall, it will be part of the Fit to Window command, but not selectable with the Arrow tool using a drag action (it will be selectable by one of its hotspots).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14