Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Elevation Naming

Chris Pooley
Enthusiast

Hi All,

I am having issues naming one of my interior elevation views.

I can re-name the rest of them having selected the the name "By IE Group" - however for some reason it is not working on this 1 view.  Even when I try to change the name to a custom name it is not working, I change the name, but when I hit "OK" the name doesn't change and when I open the settings back up it is back to KITCHEN GF.  

Another thing I have tried is placing a new marker from the documenting tools, when I do this, I can not change any of the view names, and then this one assigns itself the name of BATHROOM GF, which is another one I placed and named.

I have shown some images attached of my settings, has anyone else seen this? Any ideas what I am not doing on this view that I am doing on the other 3 views?

Operating system used: Windows 11

   

IE Name not changing.jpgIE Settings_custom name.jpgIE Settings - Marker Settings.jpgIE Settings - View Settings.jpg

ArchiCAD 19 to 27
Windows 11
1 REPLY 1
max_min
Participant

I encountered a similar problem once, and while I can’t recreate it (get the single interior elevation to unlink its name), here are the steps I used to fix it:

1. In your Project Map, right-click on the “Type 4” interior elevation folder (the one containing the 4 interior elevations) and select “Rename Interior Elevation…”

2. In the window that appears, enter the following Values and then press OK:

• Ref ID: <Number>
    • Name: <Orientation>
  3. Now, go back to the Project Map and right-click on the Interior Elevation folder again. This time, select “Interior Elevation Settings…”

• Note: The folder may no longer say “Type 4” and could appear nameless at this point.

1. Leave Ref ID as is, and In the Name field, enter TYPE 4 and press OK.

4. This should reset all the int. elevation names back toTYPE 4, including the top folder containing the four elevations.
MacOs Sonoma
Archicad 13 to 28

Setup info provided by author