Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Linking Text to main source

APdesign
Participant

Hi,

I assume there to be a real simple answer to an issue but i'm yet to find a good option for my work flow, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I usually work on multiple townhomes/partiwall designs in the planning stage. I often work at an early stage regarding the sites and sometimes before the lot numbers and subdivisions (size of lots) change. This can be quite annoying when I am labeling the each house’s floor plans and elevations as they can often change and I have to manually go through every floor plan and elevation to make sure they all match, this can sometimes be up to 50 homes at one time, which can cause a lot errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

I am not 100% clear on what you are doing with properties.

Are you referring to the text in the boxes?

Properties are associated to individual elements, and the same property can have different values for different elements.

They can't be altered in the 'master' property and then have all of the elements change automatically as well, because the elements may have a custom value rather than the default.

Auto text can link to the 'Project Info' and project info applies to the project rather than the elements.

Can you add what you want in the Project Info and autotext that?

Change the value in the Project Info and all linked texts updates automatically.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

I am not 100% clear on what you are doing with properties.

Are you referring to the text in the boxes?

Properties are associated to individual elements, and the same property can have different values for different elements.

They can't be altered in the 'master' property and then have all of the elements change automatically as well, because the elements may have a custom value rather than the default.

Auto text can link to the 'Project Info' and project info applies to the project rather than the elements.

Can you add what you want in the Project Info and autotext that?

Change the value in the Project Info and all linked texts updates automatically.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11