cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Master Items Disappearing

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am continuing to have the Master Items disappear from view and print. It would seem this happens after SEND and RECEIVE. To further complicate matters, the other TEAMMATE is on MAC while I'm on XP.

Anyone else running into this? Seems as though shutting down AC and starting back up helps. There isn't really a solid pattern I've recognized yet.

The master items are still THERE.... they show up when you OPEN MASTER LAYOUT. And I can create new masters (copy / paste) and they'll work for a while, but eventually it will happen to any master.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
5 REPLIES 5
It has been happening to me in AC 11, solo projects. I change the master to any other and change it back to what it is supposed to be, and everything is well after that. I think it might be related to some master redesign and renaming I did (something like the problem with placed zones when the zone stamp for its zone category gets changed) but I am not sure.
Barry Kelly
I have had instances where masters are not showing on layouts (in version 10) and hence not printing/publishing.
Switching masters works and I have also found that selecting the masters group in the navigator and updating it works.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I guess mine is worse! I cannot merely switch masters and back to get it to show.. In fact, I have two identical masters named slightly differently and have been switching between the two.

Now when I switch from one to the other, BOTH master loose their display!

Ugh!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
I guess mine is worse! I cannot merely switch masters and back to get it to show.. In fact, I have two identical masters named slightly differently and have been switching between the two.

Now when I switch from one to the other, BOTH master loose their display!

Ugh!
You do have the on screen display option to show mater items in layouts turned on don't you?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
__archiben
Booster
vfrontiers wrote:
as i said in the other thread, i think that something, (cadimage revision manager?), is temporarily saving a layer state when a master layout is opened, but not returning it correctly to the layout/paper space layer combinations when you've finished with it.

choose to show all layers with your master open, and then close it. next reset the layer combination of your layout/paper space and all should be ok.

i would imagine that it's getting more screwed with teamwork because the layer state of each space - model/layout - is in a constant tug-of-war with the team leader's settings and anyone else trying to send and receive to it.

try un-installing any cadimage tools and let us know if it improves matters . . . ?

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup