Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

No Drawing Title by default - How?

alexliz
Participant
Every time I drop a view on a layout, it acquires a Title which I then have to manually remove (I don't use them, not yet).

How can I change the default behavior so that it's Title:No Title, and if I need one I can add it manually? I've poked around but can't find an option anywhere.

Many thanks, as always.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
15 REPLIES 15
David Maudlin
Rockstar
genarch:

It is in the Toolbox. Small sheet with plan icon.

David
Drawing_Tool_icon.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
genarch
Enthusiast
This is now driving me to distraction. If I'm in the Layout Book, with NO drawings selected, and I click the Drawing Tool it pulls up the Book Settings. No drawing title selection is available here.

If I select a folder, then click the Drawing Tool, it pulls up the Subset Settings—no drawing title selection is available here, either.

If I have nothing selected, then click the New Layout button, I get the Create New Layout window that says "Default" in the upper right. However, NO drawing title options are available in this window.

I'm at a loss as to where I can find the default drawing title settings!
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you double-clicking on the drawing tool (David's screenshot) so it becomes the active tool? you can tell by looking at the info box. If the drawing tool is shown there, then it is active. It is easy to overlook this and have another tool active.

Another method for setting the drawing tool as the active tool is to option/alt+click on a drawing placed on a layout sheet.

You might want to also consider saving a title and its settings as a favorite as in a set of drawings there may be several different settings combinations for a particular title as well as having a favorite for NO title, as you are wanting.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
genarch
Enthusiast
Yes, it's the active tool but all it does is open the Book Settings. It's the same result as clicking the Settings… button under Properties in the Navigator.

I actually do have a custom drawing title that I use, but it's not the default. So I'm always changing the drawing titles once they're placed on the sheet. I know in the past I had been able to change this, but I cannot seem to do so anymore. I've tried every way I can think of to set the drawing defaults, but nothing seems to work.
MacOS Sonoma

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
genarch
Enthusiast
Sorry, I made a mistake—I was not clicking on the Drawing Tool because I actually did not have that tool in my toolbox. I have now placed that tool in the toolbox, but when I double click it the Title section is grayed out.
Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 9.30.12 AM.png
MacOS Sonoma

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
genarch
Enthusiast
I have figured out the secret! You need to have a layout sheet as the currently active window, but have no placed drawings in that sheet selected. Then, when you double-click the Drawing Tool, you'll get the default settings WITH the Title section active. When I was trying it before, I didn't have a layout sheet active in the foreground.

Now I'm ready for the weekend!
MacOS Sonoma

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024