Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

No Drawing Title by default - How?

alexliz
Participant
Every time I drop a view on a layout, it acquires a Title which I then have to manually remove (I don't use them, not yet).

How can I change the default behavior so that it's Title:No Title, and if I need one I can add it manually? I've poked around but can't find an option anywhere.

Many thanks, as always.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
15 REPLIES 15
TomWaltz
Participant
Before you place the view, open the Drawing Tool and set all of its parameters the way you want, including turning off the Title.
Tom Waltz
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Alex:

Open the Drawing Tool with no drawings selected, it should read "Default" in the upper right hand corner. Go to the Title section and set the Title pop up to "No Title". Now when you place a new drawing on a layout, it should have no title. If you want to then add a title, select the drawing, open the Drawing Tool, and under the Title section select the title you want from the pop up list. Also, these changes can be made directly from the Info Box.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
alexliz
Participant
Hi David. I don't think I shall forgive myself for not thinking about this one myself.

Sometimes I despair...

Thank you so much!
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried this and got the title at the bottom of the sheet with the drawing number. Now I want to adjust it's location and remove the drawing number. I have not been able to reopen the tool to select the correct options. What am i doing wrong?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
dan:

Drawing Titles are similar to objects, their default settings are set when they are saved. To change the default settings, select the drawing with the title, go to File > GDL Objects > Open Object... and the title object will open. In the main library part window you will see the parameters with their default values. If you change the default values here and save the object, these will become the new default values.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Chazz
Enthusiast
alexliz wrote:
Title... (I don't use them, not yet).
But Alex.... the real goal here should be to use those Titles. They are one of the most powerful features of AC10.

That being said.... Another way to remove titles or change them quickly is to get a drawing the way you want, then grab up its attributes (eydropper tool) then apply the atributes to the drawings you want (syringe tool).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
genarch
Enthusiast
Does anyone know how to change the default drawing title in AC15?
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
Karl Ottenstein
Genarch,

Nothing has changed - same solution as given below in 2007: the default settings of the Drawing Tool determine everything that happens when you drag and drop a view onto a layout.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
genarch
Enthusiast
Thanks, Karl, but I must have forgotten how to go about it. I remember being able to do it before, but now I just drag and drop saved views from the navigator onto layout sheets. It sounds nuts, but what's the "Drawing Tool"?
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024