Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

OS plan underlay not showing in 3d view

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any idea how to have my OS site map that's been opened as a new worksheet, appear visible in my 3D view ?
see attached the site plan and the 3d view where the plan isn't visible.

thX
SW
6 REPLIES 6
Hello,

Try to model 2D in 3D
Or you can check this movie too : 2D plan visible in 3D
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dont want to draw in 2d on the 3d plan view as you suggest. I prefeer to bring in the site map in the 3d top view- so it can show the underlay.

the video refers to an old version of archicad - File __>file special __> Merge.
In AC 22 this directory is not available - or if so - then somewhere else. ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
2D elements do not show in 3D, you will need to model the elements

Regards
Scott
atfonit wrote:
bring in the site map in the 3d top view- so it can show the underlay
You can put two views on one layout on the other. Attention to the resolution of the 3D image and it will also remove any perspective

Or...

@sboydturner it's possible by an object !

1- Open a new object (not create)
2- Select your dwg files by the translator with all the special parameters like this :

3- save your objet
4- place your object in you model
5- enjoy !
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the follow up- to be honest I dont understand still how to bring this SITE PLAN IN TO A 3D VIEW .
The terrain has been brought in and saved in a current view so its now on a level. But it doesn't appear in a 3d top view for example which would be very useful to show the context.

thX
BIM model means 3D "draw" the 2D
In a 3D view you can see only 3D element because the 2D is the consecuence of 3D (except few details)

If you want to see 2D drawing in 3D it's not impossible but you had to do that :
- open a new object by your dwg
- paste your dwg/object into your model

Archicad will translate your 2D lines into GDL lines so Archicad will be able to show you 2D in 3D
Christophe - FRANCE