Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Place module on layout

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to place a module directly onto the layout sheet. I have room modules in the floor plan, but want to place a room module directly on the layout sheet without going through a detail marker.

I have more elaborate dimensions & notes in the module file than showing on the floor plan. But I would like to be able to display them on a layout sheet.

I thought I could do it through layers on and off, but if the module comes through the f. plan and detail marker, that control is lost. Only what is on the floor plan will be displayed.

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
No but Yes (!), right click on a blank area of the layout, from the pet palette select "Link drawing to ... an external source". You will have to save your MOD as a PLN first to get this to work.

I have never actually used the MOD file format, I prefer the PLN in all cases due to the better autosave and recovery features of the PLNs. AFAIK MODs were implemented to create smaller file sizes for limited application models.