Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publisher screws up text

KeesW
Advocate
I prepared a large A1 display board for design awards in AC14. Some text was created in MS Word and copied into the PLN drawing, and other text was addes to the drawing in the usual manner. Items were transfered to a LAY sheet and assembled, with photos and plans added. When the layout was complete, I transfered it to Publisher to create PDF and JPEG versions of the layout for high quality printing.
Guess what?
When I opened the PDF version, I noticed lots of spelling mistakes, missing letters and general editing errors that were not present in the LAY version. Has this happened to anybody else?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Yes, the built in PDF converter has trouble with some fonts.
You can swap the font for something else but if that is not an option try printing to an external PDF converter.

There has been a problem with older fonts for some years.
Something to do with the way they are created - spacing between characters.
I have found certain characters or combinations of characters causes the problem.
Finding a new font (similar style) or having the old font repaired with a program like Trans Type Pro or maybe Font Doctor can also be a solution.

Here is a link to an old post.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=137788&highlight=font#137788

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Barry. The old post is interesting - they obviously haven't fixed it. Bit of a shock when one is working to a deadline!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fonts can be a real bu##er some times. That's why I bought TransType a while back. It's also why it's a good idea to stick to mainstream, if not common, fonts. If you stick with newer OpenType fonts there shouldn't be much trouble.

Lots fewer problems on Mac though from what I've seen. Probably because postscript/pdf is built in to the core for display and output.