Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Text size software bug?

KonradS
Participant
Can someone please help me understand what the blast is happening with my text size? For some reason all text in my model space are displaying disproportionately at the wrong size or scale. Strangely, in layout, the text appears normal.. Could this be a bug?

I don't know if it's connected, but some elements set to display on "all relevant floors" are displaying non-relevant floors..

Have I accidentally done something wrong? Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Archicad 20 on a Mac, education version.

Thanks,
Konrad

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 12.16.21 copy.jpg
Archicad 24 (4018) INT FULL

Macbook Pro / Sierra 10.12.5
Retina 15 inch mid 2014
2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Select the disproportionately large Text elements and go to their Settings Dialog. In the Text Block Formatting panel, is it set to "Model Size" or "Paper Size"? I bet it is Paper Size which means its size relative to the model will change if you change the scale (which is now set to 1:500).
So you might want to change this settings of those Text elements to "Model Size".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
AC text is linked to "print size" so when you change the scale it will remain legible. So one option in this case is that you have reduced the drawing scale to one that makes Text look huge.

Verify Font size to be 6.25 to 6.5 points or your equivalent in MM.

The implication of this is that if you change the Scale of the drawing then text will start to look bigger but when you print you will not impossible to read texts

-----
If this is a drawing imported from Autocad then you might need to change the way text is handled for this:

- In your Model View first change the scale to match the one in Layout (this should make the texts "fit"). This scale for DWGs is usually 1:1

- Then select All Text (Text tool active and CMD+A) and change them from "Paper Size" to "Model Size".

- Change the scale of the view to the correct one 1:25, 1:50. The text will change proportionally

- Then select All Text (Text tool active and CMD+A) and change them from "ModelPaper Size" to "Paper Size". Text Size should match whatever you use in MS Word or any other "Writing Software".
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator