Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Turning off hole/extrusion visual

Jambagts
Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the markers/visuals of when archicad detects a 'hole' in walls (image 1).  As you can see on the second image underneath the visual of the hole there is a facade (curtain wall), which i would like to be visible in the floor plan instead. Can anyone help me?

2b9f0c3a788a9014f931379cb13aba31.png

31379d3dfa0e4ca5d70d009480aaacba.png

Operating system used: Windows 26 EDU

3 REPLIES 3
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Jambagts 

Please, could you share an elevation of that? I cannot understand your need.

Thanks.

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

I would like the green selection to be visible in my floor plan exports. So I'm looking for a way to turn off the 'hole'/gap/extrusion visual with the line and gray box on top of it.

2aedc381e1e3da88feb41343f1db0e44.png

Hi @Jambagts 

There could be many ways to solve this depending on the element types you use.

Let's see an example using a curtain wall: You could draw a two parts wall with different heights, one (A) for hosting the door and the other (B) to be located under the curtain wall.

RicardoLopez_0-1716819136157.png

Another example could be using windows instead of a curtain wall, so you mantain the same full height wall for everything. May be you would need to change the representation for Window A to be overhead instead of symbolic, just check.

RicardoLopez_1-1716819622817.png

Last, but not least, other adjustments in Floor Plan Display could be needed depending on the element's height and floor plan display view range.

Don't forget to check Display Order too.

I hope this helps.

Regards. -

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

Setup info provided by author