Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Veneer wall

Hi there. How can I change a double brick veneer wall to a black solid veneer wall in my floor plan?

IMG_4756.jpeg

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

24 REPLIES 24

What do you mean by the pen set colour? Do you mean the fill tool? If so, It takes me a while to outline the walls and then fill them in with a black color.

Hi mths, thanks for sending this link but this does not answer my question. The question is how to change the double brick hatch to solid black in the floor plan? IIt should be displayed as a black solid outline.. Looks like this screenshot

IMG_4756.jpeg

I found a resolution, but when I return to the floor plan, it resets.

The Graphic Override combination is saved with the view settings.

So make sure your GO combination uses the correct rules and then make sure the view has the correct GO combination.

You can save two views, one with the black fill override and one normal.

Then you just place the view you need on the layout you want to publish.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

You can have as many pen sets as you want.

BarryKelly_1-1714111606252.png

BarryKelly_2-1714111632437.png

Again, the pen set used is saved with the view.

So have one view with a standard colour pen set, and another with black and white pens.

The pens use for the wall skins need to be black and the pen used for the cavity needs to be white.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks, Barry. I'm still not sure how to use this tool to black the walls. I've been working around the drawings but not working.

The method @Barry Kelly has recommended is the best method for creating plan views that might be shown to stake holders and not to builder's alone. So GOR’s is the preferred method. Keep the brick hatching on for the main model and use GOR’s like Barry has shown you above.

If you edit the composite wall fills to solid black in the composite dialogue they will remain as is. To get around this you could create another composite wall by duplicating the one you have and give it a different name and edit the brick wall fills to solid black.

I have never needed to use GOR’s because I haven’t taken the time to learn how to use them correctly but I will get around to it by learning from this thread hopefully lol.

Have Fun learning !

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

I don't know how to fill a wall with black color. When I select black color option from pens and colours, nothing happens. Can you please guide me on how to fill the wall with black color?

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 4.11.17 PM.png

Sorry, I wasn't really clear on what to do.

You still need to use a graphic override, but one that just changes the fill type to solid.

BarryKelly_0-1714119234915.png

Then change the pen set you are using.

BarryKelly_2-1714119778168.png

If the cavity building material has a coloured pen - you need to make that white in the new pen set.

Otherwise if you change the building material so the cavity has a white fill (I would do that) then you leave that white pen as white in the new pen set.

BarryKelly_1-1714119462135.png

So the GO will change all of the fills to solid.

Then the pen set will change the pens to black.

The GO also changes the cavity to a solid fill, but because the pen is whit, you won't see it print.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry for explaining. "I have followed all the steps you suggested, but the walls are still appearing as dark gray not black.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 4.36.09 PM.png

Setup info provided by author