Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

View map layouts side by side

In_Space
Contributor

Working on a multi-story, multi-unit building and have developed a door and window schedule including applying attributes and markers to the door and window objects on the first floor.

I would like to be able to view the viewmap layouts of first floor side by side with the next floor so that I can use the eyedropper tool to apply the appropriate door or window attributes/marker, to the generic objects that currently exist. This would allow me to visually see the correct handing and swing and quickly eyedrop the correct configuration.

I've tried undocking, but it seems you can only have one floor open at a time. There are too many configurations I believe, to use favorites. Is there a best practice or technique for what I'm trying to here?

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 13 ventura

Dan
Senior Associate
iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9/Macbook Pro Silicon
OSX 13.4.1
AC27
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon

If I understand correctly the work flow is to use Trace Reference since you can use the pipette to pick the settings from them and apply it to the objects in the current story.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Lingwisyer
Guru

Flip Trace shortcut will be your friend.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Setup info provided by author