Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

WALL LABELLING

Anonymous
Not applicable
In the attached image file there are a number of walls that are not labelled. I have just started using v19. Previously, my recollection is that there was a check-box in the default wall settings that allowed me to indicate I wanted the wall labeled.

I cannot figure out how to get these walls labelled on an individual basis or how to set things up so that when a wall is drawn a label is automatically attached. I have read various postings and watched various videos but the material does not seem to correspond to the v19 default settings windows for walls or labels. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I assume that the appropriate process would work for other objects such as furniture, etc.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Check out the new Associative labels in the 19 Help and/or New features guide.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Michael:

Since elements can now have multiple Labels, the check box was removed and a new command Label Selected Elements was added (multiple different elements can be labeled at once). This is a new command, so will not appear in older imported Work Environments, it can be added. As Erika says, this is a change so check the help files.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
(Please do not double post questions in the future. I have merged the double posts and moved them to their proper forum.)

Labeling has been overhauled in ARCHICAD 19 so now it is possible to place any number of Labels for each element. This also means that the Label Wall etc. checkbox in Settings Dialogs is gone and can now place associative Labels for elements with the Label Tool.
I would suggest that you watch the whole playlist about Labeling enhancements and then you will have pretty good idea of the new capabilities:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWV4o6WaXSS4RR1ZW5CPeFgN
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27