BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What is the difference between the folder and classification compartment in the view map

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of the day, gentlemen

I'd like to ask what's the difference between the folder and classification compartment in the view map:

IsaacNewton_0-1680088201856.png

IsaacNewton_1-1680088238225.png

When I create a new general folder and place the views from the project map, they are classified there with the help of folders instead of those blue classification compartments:

IsaacNewton_2-1680088419651.png

IsaacNewton_3-1680088476691.png

I'd like to ask you, what is the difference between them, and also, I'd like to ask you please to tell me whether it's possible to classify the views with those blue calssification compartments manually somehow, and whether it's possible for those blue classification compartments not to contain all the views of their kind that are present in the project map. Say, if had 10 floor in the project map, but only wanted to have first 5 floors in the view map

1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon

The "blue types" are "Clones" of all view types in the Project Map (Plans, Elevs, Sects) and that means that if you create a new view type it will show up there and it will inherit all the settings defined by the clone. With this you can have a Clone for Elevations at 1/4 scale with Renovation = Existing and another with the same definitions but Renovation as proposed. In theory it should minimize the time of saving views. These are all or nothing so if you have extra stories or temp sections they will show up there wether you need them or not.

On the other hand regular folders are saved manually and you control them individually.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!