Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Window schedule not showing related zone

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
This is really a big frustration!
I have set a schedule that lists doors and windows. After a lot of trial and error I managed to get all doors to correctly show their related zone name and number.
But not windows!
For some reason unknown a door in the same zone appears correctly on the list with its related zone, but the window next to it, with the same renovation status, position, etc, leaves the cell blank!

Is there any way to fix this???
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
22 REPLIES 22

Dear Laszlo,

Thank you for the info you shared which was very helpful but not successful.

I believe I must experience some major issues which are not directly related to the setup of the zone stamps, windows, etc.

For this reason, our architect has asked our Archicad mentor to have a deeper look at the file in order to have a better understanding.

FYI: I am using Archicad 25 on a macOS Monterey system.

Thank you again for your time.

Are the zones zero height by any chance?

If the window sill is above this zero height they may not register as belonging to the zone.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

the zone heights and perimeters have been checked and they are all correct.

Thank you for your support.

Savino

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What happens if you try to do this in a brand new file based on the default Archicad Template after a New & Reset? I am curious if this is file-specific or also happens with out-of-the-box settings.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I was actually thinking the same.

I just tried to do what you suggested onto a solo project and it is working fine.

It is just frustrating the fact that the file I am dealing with doesn't respond correctly and the issue is still unknown, but I guess I have to find a way around it.

Thank you again for your time and support, I appreciate that.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Is this a file by any chance that was migrated from an earlier Archicad version?

You could also contact your local reseller with the file and ask them if there is anything they can do to troubleshoot it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I don't actually know the Archicad version utilized to generate this file.

It is a file given to me by a colleague of mine who asked me to implement the window list into the project.

Also, this file contains a Hotlink module and I don't know if that might be the cause of such a mess.

Hi Achille,

It probably doesn't help you now but it might help others in the future.

I was getting the same problem with all windows <undefined>  rather than the zone name when using "From Zone". I discovered that the zone layer had to be on, redefine the schedule with current view settings, close and reopen the schedule. 

Some still showed <undefined> but I just had to ensure the zone was intersecting the wall by at least 1mm.

May or may not resolve some issues.

James

JJMARQUEZ
Contributor

Someone deleted my answer.

@JJMARQUEZ wrote:

Someone deleted my answer.

I did because you did not reply in English.

This is an English language forum only and we can not accept posts in other languages.

You should have gotten an e-mail notification - in fact 2 because there was 2 posts.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11