Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

clean architectural plans using composites

alemanda
Advocate
Hi to all,
I'd like to use the composites to have a more detailed plan.
At the same time, using the live model, I'd like to be able to switch from a very detailed plan to a very simple clean architectural plan.
I tried to to some test playing with model view options but I didn't get the expected result. In fact, even overriding the cut fills and turning off the skin separator lines, the result presents still skin separator lines.
Look at the attached pdf file.
Any (automatic) workaround?
Is it a bug? It seems that the code to write the GDL for 2D plan is incomplete (it does the job partially).
I tried the demo of AC17 but it is the same.
Thanks
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
13 REPLIES 13
Mario Sacco
Expert
alemanda wrote:
Nobody has my need to produce clean architectural plans using the composites?
Yes, I have the same problem.
I need to create two different documents pln to create an administrative drawing and working drawing. It's a lost of great amount of time.
It could be an option like: "Override composite wall setting for a scale above 50, otherwise override the basic wall setting". I mean contour pen, background pen, fill pen, fill symbol. In fact every wall already have different setting for composite and basic wall. You can switch from the different setting with a simple override in model view option.

It's could be really a very great enhancement.
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
Eduardo Rolon
+1
Meanwhile my work around has been to use three specific pens for the "interior" of the composite and control that thru Pen Sets, making then "White", "Gray" or "Black" as necessary based on scale of drawing or information.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

alemanda
Advocate
@ejrolon
This is a good workaround.

I think that the option already implemented should work as we expect overriding everything ... Simply it doesn't work as it should ...

Hope they fix it even for ac16
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Karl Ottenstein
If you find this thread and wish to vote, Alemanda's wish for this simplified model view option ('Show structure outlines only') is here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=43820
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB