Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

direction of linetypes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know the way to change the direction of a linetype? For example, I have a polyline showing a hydronic piping schematic, and I drew it with the "arrow" linetype. It places the arrowheads along its length, pointing in the direction I drew the line. If I want to show it going the other way, i can redraw the line going the other direction.

However, I drew a rather complex layout for part of it, and have decided to change the flow direction. I'd rather not redraw the entire polyline. Is there a setting that will simply tell the line to reverse direction? This functionality would also be handy for things like the cold water line, so the CW is legible for lines that are drawn right to left.

thanks, any insight would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
No. You can't edit the line to read one way or the other. All you can do is draw it from the other end if you want to change how it reads.

When you import drawings from another program, do the lines all come in as being drawn from left to right and top to bottom, or does ArchiCAD import the lines in the same way they were origianly drawn in the other program?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
What you can do is create a new line that's mirror of the line you are using, select the lines you want to "flow" the other way, and then change those line's line-type to the mirrored line. I would think this would be faster than redrawing the lines the other way.