cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

floor plan settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello fellow archicaders. this might seem like a basic questions, so please excuse me if it is. i am now moving on to the cd phase of a project. is there a setting where i can specify at what elevation my floor plan is taken? i have some clerestory windows that i don't want to show up on plan. i suppose i could put them on a separate layer and then turn the layer off, but i would imagine there is an easier way to do this? thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
It would be wonderful if you could, but there is no such feature in Archicad yet.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
wow, so does that mean i have to go through and put the clerestory windows on there own layer? sounds like a lot of work. too bad i didn't know that when i first started doing the model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
a trick for doing things like this, if you're not aware of it is using the selection criteria tool, and the edit selection set tool (the soviet button) assuming all the clerestory windows have at least one feature the seperates them from the rest of the windows in the building, you can use the selection criteria button to quickly select all the clerestory windows. Go to edit->find & select. then chose window and under that choose (as an example) sill height, then greater than, 3 metres. then hit the '+' button at the bottom, this should select all the clerestory windows, and nothing else (assuming in this example that all, and only your clerestory windows had a sill height greater than 3 metres) then put them on a different layer using the edit selection set tool (the hammer and sickle looking button next to the layer drop down on the information pane) I'm not sure if you were aware how to do all this, if not, I hope it helps you.

cheers,
daniel
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks daniel. yep, easy enough.
TomWaltz
Participant
marta wrote:
wow, so does that mean i have to go through and put the clerestory windows on there own layer? sounds like a lot of work. too bad i didn't know that when i first started doing the model.
Something like that is probably best on its own story. It's annoying, but works pretty well.

Yes it's annoying....
Tom Waltz