Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

how to hide side lines from Slabs? (soffit situation)

cocoloco
Expert

Hello,

we are creating soffits in each and every room, we use slabs to do so. My hope is to show the soffits (logically) only inner lines , NOT side lines. (looks lame). 

How do I HIDE the side lines of soffits so it looks clean? Otherwise, how else do you create soffits but show them on the floor plan/3d properly as well (without side lines?) 

Thanks! 

ON ATTACHED PHOTO, the red shows where the lines are not desirable, obviously, because that's not how soffits should look like in real or 3d or floor plan.. 

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 9.08.54 AM.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sono,a 14.5

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Rather than 4 separate slabs, you can magic wand (or in the illustration, draw a rectangular slab snapping to opposite corners) a single slab to the interior wall edges... then  pet-palette-subtract an offset slab the width of the soffit creating a hole... resulting in a single slab for all soffits.

If you want section cuts to look correct, you could do the soffits with a complex profiled beam.  Lots of options, but I don't think you can get rid of the lines for two adjacent slabs in plan (hope I'm wrong).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
  • Assign an unique material for soffits
  • Go Into MVOs and create a New one for this plans
  • Select " Eliminate"

EduardoRolon_0-1719160481681.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

thank you, but will this show line to show the soffits edges, correct? I don't want to eliminate all the lines, only the sidelines. 

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Rather than 4 separate slabs, you can magic wand (or in the illustration, draw a rectangular slab snapping to opposite corners) a single slab to the interior wall edges... then  pet-palette-subtract an offset slab the width of the soffit creating a hole... resulting in a single slab for all soffits.

If you want section cuts to look correct, you could do the soffits with a complex profiled beam.  Lots of options, but I don't think you can get rid of the lines for two adjacent slabs in plan (hope I'm wrong).

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

That worked! Thank you!

Yes, it will remove the line for slabs that are touching and have the same surface material and cover fill.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Yes you can.

EduardoRolon_0-1719232557772.png

Since AC23:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F140_UserI...

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Setup info provided by author