Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can i know how to use plotmaker. im not able to import my Archicad drawings onto plotmaker layout window n i need to change the scale for each n every drawings.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Import views that you have created in archicad into plotmaker. Make sure the scale is set correctly in the view that you are using in Archicad and it will come into plotmaker at the same scale.
Anonymous
Not applicable
vinayak wrote:
Can i know how to use plotmaker. im not able to import my Archicad drawings onto plotmaker layout window n i need to change the scale for each n every drawings.
Vinayak,
If you would like to place the drawings in PlotMaker at a different scale than the Imported ArchiCAD view do the following

1. Place the imported view into plotmaker
2. Highlight the placed drawing and go to the Edit menu pulldown to "Drawing Settings"
3. In Drawing Settings go to "Attributes update rules" and check the "Custom for this drawing button"..also make sure the "scale" box is unchecked.
4. Now when you got to "Attributes" the "Output Scale" dialogue will be adjustable to any scale you desire

hope this helps
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
That being said (Dan's comments)... you really are much better off setting up your views in ArchiCAD (Window/Pallet Display/Show View Editor or click on the little button in the upper left hand corner of Navigator and choose Show View Editor)

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
woodster wrote:
That being said (Dan's comments)... you really are much better off setting up your views in ArchiCAD...

Woody
Woody,
Yes, I partially agree..."much better off" is a relative comment though...It applies if you know upfront what scale you intend to place a drawing at in PlotMaker. On occasion the user may need to adjust the scale in plotmaker but is confused how to do this because the scale is "greyed out" and unchangeable by default. The steps I presented walk a user through how to work around this issue.

thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that Dan.

Woody
Djordje
Ace
Well ...

Doing a test import is always necessary, especially if you work on a large project and are not sure whether it is going to fit on the sheet.

Today I had a three laps race with time, as the proposal I was doing had to fit on an A3 sheet, and the building is 120m a side square and then some ... add the S/E makers and so on, scales are CRAZY.

In the end, I just dumped everything in 1:500, fitted it somehow ...

I have a feeling that the man has nobody to walk him through the setting up of the views. Ask, don't hesitate!

For the kind of projects you normally do, it is a good idea to have pre-defined sets of plans at the usual scales (1:50, 100, 200, 500) in the template. Then, if you see that it does not fit, just re-link in PlotMaker. Watch the text and the structural grid markers, though ...

I agree with Woody - one is MUCH better off to define the views in ArchiCAD at whatever scale fits the sheet. Resizing in PlotMaker can easily lead to illegibility of the text and dimensions, or total mess.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have started sing Plotmaker (after 10 years of delay) and my drawings are imported ok from the AC file. I set the scale of each drawing from within Plotmaker using the drawing settings dialoge box.
Nevertheless the TEXT comes out huge.
I struggled to understand the cause and solve it but result was zero.
I am sure that this is a simple matter and I call for help.

I would appreciate any help in this
constantine

"Djordje" wrote:
Well ...

For the kind of projects you normally do, it is a good idea to have pre-defined sets of plans at the usual scales (1:50, 100, 200, 500) in the template. Then, if you see that it does not fit, just re-link in PlotMaker. Watch the text and the structural grid markers, though ...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have started sing Plotmaker (after 10 years of delay) and my drawings are imported ok from the AC file. I set the scale of each drawing from within Plotmaker using the drawing settings dialoge box.
Nevertheless the TEXT comes out huge.
I struggled to understand the cause and solve it but result was zero.
I am sure that this is a simple matter and I call for help.

I would appreciate any help in this
constantine
Part of your problem with text size is because you are changing the scale in plotmaker. The view that you imported must have been set to a different scale. Here are what I consider fundamental steps to take advantage of what plotmaker has to offer.

In Archicad always save views which contain a referenced layer combination, scale, and display option combination (no exceptions). Use these views as you work on your project to bring you to the drawing you want to work on. In plotmaker import those views and you are done (depending on how you chose to deal with your pens). Text is always relative to the scale you intend to output to, so when you place your text in Archicad you should be at the same scale as the intended output. Project map has its uses, but get use to using view sets and you will never turn back.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I repeat... you really are much better off setting up your views in ArchiCAD

Woody