Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing to scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello.
brand new user. macbookpro17, epson 1280 printer.
having problem controlling scale on prints. never prints at designated scale always adjusts for page size.
thanks.
ben
11 REPLIES 11
__archiben
Booster
Future_Architect wrote:
Oh I figured it out!!! but errrrrrrr when I open it as a PDF file it appears to be so small... would it be like this when i print? or would it print to the 1:20 scale that I had set?
it would help to know what operating system and archicad you are using. PDF print/publish/export is a different kettle of fish for each.

the basics:
if you are using OSX's print to PDF functionality, the PDF will be the same size as the paper in your default printer. if you haven't got one step up, the chances are it will be either A4 or US paper. go into your System Preferences/Print & Fax settings and change the default paper size.

if you're using windows i haven't a clue what defines it.

what you should be doing, however, is publishing your layouts as PDFs using archicad's built-in publisher. this takes the paper size of the layout's 'master' as it's default size and allows you to publish different size pages at the same time.

it sounds like you might need to review the layouting and publishing (master>layout>publish) aspects of the user manual . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Thomas Holm
Booster
Future...????? wrote:
Oh I figured it out!!! but errrrrrrr when I open it as a PDF file it appears to be so small... would it be like this when i print? or would it print to the 1:20 scale that I had set?
You've already got the answer... In my post before, (perhaps you should read it again??) I outlined the process on how to print to scale from Archicad, and that applies also to how to print to PDF, which in general terms to how to set Publishing to pdf too. I also told how the receiver should setup his printing of the PDF to make it print to scale :
... the person that in turn prints out the PDF will have to check "no page scaling" in HIS print dialog (Adobe Reader?) otherwise Reader will adjust for printer margins again, and the scale will be off.
Now, I suggest you check out the Help files and do some work by yourself!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1