BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

publishing to PDF issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
So iv been having this problem for almost 6 months now and I cant seem to work out what is causing it.
It started of as one job every now and then.. now its pretty much every job. And its pretty annoying cos we need the PDF files to email out to everyone. And at the moment I cant get working PDFs to come out of AC at all

When I publish my layouts to PDF (merging them all to one) and open the PDF up in adobe (PC) the PDF locks up and slowly crashes adobe takes about 3-4 minutes for it to crash.. in this time nothing on the PC can be used as it basically freezes everything up till adobe finally crashes.

I tried publishing all the pages to separate PDF’s which narrowed it down to one page.. my site plan page.. every other page works fine individually except the site plan page.. this is the page causing everything to lock up.

Question is why?? I cant work it out… it will publish and open fine with just the blank site layout page with my title block on it.. but once I add my view to it that’s when the PDF starts stuffing up.. so im assuming it’s the “site view” causing it.. but elements in the site view are also seen on most other pages (walls etc..) so I have no idea where to start looking for the problem?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok its defiantly the surveyors DWG.. but it only happens from one of our surveyors.. any one and everyone else’s survey plans are fine.. Except for theres.. very weird
Learn and get certified!