Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

relinking to renamed archicad file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I may just be missing this. We do a lot of customization of standard plans for a builder client. In 6.5 we would copy the base file rename it make the changes, copy and rename the base plotmaker layouts and relink the new layouts to the pmks made from the modified base plan. It worked well because only the archicad file name changed, all of the pmks would relink nicely. It looks like I should be able to just tell layout book to look at a different archicad file and as long as the structure is the same everything should relink correctly. The strange thing is that I believe I have done this before, but am not able to now........I have looked for a setting, but have not found anything. Of course if I change the new file name to match the file name that the layout book is looking for it works fine....

Mac OSX, AC 8.1 v2, PM 3.1 v2
5 REPLIES 5
In Drawing Usage, highlight the views you want to change, then click the 'Link To' button. Navigate to the needed project.

If all the highlighted views refer to one project file, you shouldn't have any trouble. If you highlight views from different projects, or if there are PMKs in the selection, the 'Link To' button will say 'Read From' instead. Unfortunately, this situation has to be resolved manually, making sure there's only one project referenced by the highlighted views.

HTH,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried the link to/relink option by selecting all files/some files/individually, anything I could think of, but when I navigate to the project it is grey/unaccessible.........
SteveC0013 wrote:
when I navigate to the project it is grey/unaccessible.........
This is the case if the link is broken. (In Drawing Usage, under Hotlink, it will say, 'No'.) In effect the view is now a drawing, and can't be linked to a project, only to a PMK. AFAIK, the only choice is to re-import the view.

Perhaps you have a layout book template or something where the links have not been broken?

It's a good idea to use templates, especially for repetitive work, rather than simply saving as from a similar project.

HTH again,
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
My hotlinks are all "Project" and the path is to the original file. I just can't seem to change the link. I have tried other projects and find the same thing..
Anonymous
Not applicable
I didn't see that anyone mentioned this, but in Drawing Usage you must select drawings of the same type and relink them in these groups (plans, sections, details). AC won't let you relink drawings of different types to a new project file.

This will be "fixed" in a few weeks, though. 😉

Maybe this is your problem?