Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

rubber band disappearing

David Bearss
Booster
This has occured on several occasions now in r9. I have not been able to determine what triggers it but it occurs with all tools and in both 2d and 3d windows. rebuild, refresh, redraw, adjusting display options, tec.... Everything else seems to work fine but the rubber band line just does not display. I have to restart ArchiCAD to clear correct.
Hardware related possibly??
Dell Dimension 4600
dual monitors
Win XP SP2
pentium 4 - 3GHz
1 gig ram
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this same problem. I can not replicate it though. I also loose the visibility to the selection and marquee box. ???
Anonymous
Not applicable
What are the specs on your video cards?

Manuracturer, model, RAM?

Have you checked the Video Card database elsewhere on this forum?

woodster
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
David wrote:
This has occured on several occasions now in r9. I have not been able to determine what triggers it but it occurs with all tools and in both 2d and 3d windows. rebuild, refresh, redraw, adjusting display options, tec.... Everything else seems to work fine but the rubber band line just does not display. I have to restart ArchiCAD to clear correct.
Hardware related possibly??
Dell Dimension 4600
dual monitors
Win XP SP2
pentium 4 - 3GHz
1 gig ram
David,
Are you using OpenGL acceleration in 2D? You can find it in your Work Environment--->2D Redraw options.

If you are you should turn it off, don't forget to redefine your profile, otherwise the settings will be lost.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am not.
Djordje
Ace
Most probably drivers, if you are ulucky, video card model. Check the video card database, download the test, and see for yourself. The link is at the bottom left of the main Talk screen.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Tom Krowka
Booster
I've had some problems with video cards also. Go to the desktop, select properties. When the screen dialogue box comes up, go to screen settings, select advanced. Set the hardware acceleration to none, be sure write enabling is clicked on. With the GL turned off in the 2D screen, those three things solved my problem.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have actually not had this problem lately, but I did notice that the Hardware acceleration of my Video Card was set to Full.

Before I change this to NONE. I was wondering what other functionality many be Gained or Lost by setting this to "None".
Tom Krowka
Booster
Per information from my reseller, the hardware accel on the screen properties has something to do with gaming video. I was hesitant as well, but have had it set that way for about two weeks now and have not noticed it changing any other programs. Of course, I don't have any games on this computer, so I can't speak to that issue.

I figured I can always change it back.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the same problem. We have a Dell Dimension with dual screens as well.
I too loose my rubber band and marquee box after working on a project for about 3 hours or so. Video cards are all Nvidia based.
As far as turning off hardware acceleration.....that seems like a bad idea to me. I mean if we paid $350.00+ for a video card Im sure as hell not wanting to use "software" acceleration only and have a total system drag.
Could be drivers I hope.