BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problem.Please Help (no rubber band lines)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I am new to archicad 13 and i have a problem,when i try to measure (or to draw/move walls) i don't see the line...
i only see distance;angle x,y position modifying but not the line...
what to do?Please Help.

Edit: I saw this is happening when i press the "ruler" tool...
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It could be a problem with your graphics card drivers.
As a first step, try to install the newest (or if you have the newest, then another) version of the drivers.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The disappearing rubberband problem seems to be reported on these forums fairly often. I must have seen around half a dozen posts saying the same thing recently.

I never experienced it myself (on this machine) until I had a hard drive failure which meant reinstalling all my programs from scratch and applying the latest hotfixes to all.

Now it happens with annoying regularity in AC13 & 14, probably every 15 mins or so.

The hardware on my machine is identical to before (apart from the harddrive). The only thing that has changed that I can think of is that I installed the very latest graphics card driver, whereas I was using a older version before. I shall try downloading an older driver from here and see if it makes any difference. They have also released a newer version too so I will try that afterwards.

One way to get it working temporarily is to minimise the active window within ArchiCAD then restore it again, but it doesn't last for long.
Karl Ottenstein
On Macs, AC 14's first release would not show rubber band lines (for walls, etc) if AC 14 was launched, but I then immediately switched to Safari or some other app while waiting for the launch to complete. Just waiting for AC 14 without switching apps was the workaround. Graphisoft has it on their bug list.

Just in case that might be the situation...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!